Twinsburg Public Library has just the tools and resources you need to get work ready. Whether you are looking for a new job, working towards a promotion, or just want to get back in the workforce, the library has something for everyone.
Build Your Skill Set
Twinsburg Public Library offers educational opportunities for patrons to gain must-have skills for any job in today's market. Services include:
- Career Cruising*: Take assessments, find jobs, explore careers and education, and search for scholarships to get training.
- Computer Classes: Learn the basics of using the Internet, Excel, Word, and more. Click HERE to see what is going on for the current month.
- Computer Coaches: If you can't make one of our classes try scheduling an appointment with one of our knowledgeable staff. If a class is taught on it then it can be covered in a computer coach. Click HERE for more information.
- GED and English as a Second Language (ESOL): The Library offers GED tutoring and ESOL classes in partnership with Project Learn of Summit County.
- Safari Books Online*: Always available professional books on making presentations, Quickbooks, and even dealing with difficult people. Its all here and more.
- TalentNEO and WorkKeys: Show potential employers that you have the skills needed to do the job. The Library is no longer a place where the test is given, but we are still happy to direct interested job seekers to TalentNEO. The WorkKeys test will be administered solely at the Ohio Means Jobs Center located at 1040 East Tallmadge Avenue, Akron.
- Udemy*: Learn online at your own pace. Courses are free and cover a wide variety of topics: management, advanced Excel, computer programming, and so much more. Find out more HERE.
Writing resumes and cover letters is not easy. Neither is formatting them. At the Library there are several services you can take advantage of to help you land that interview.
- Resume Review: Have your resume or cover letter checked for grammar, clarity, and action word use. Call (330) 425-4268 x4 to schedule an appointment today!
- Computer Coaches: Learn how to format your resume so it looks professional and modern.
- Cypress Resume: Create, print, and save a simple resume.
Other Career Materials
- Ebooks, Audiobooks, and more: Learn what you want at your own pace by checking something out from our E-Collections.
- Reference USA: Learn more about a company before you apply or interview with this handy resource.
- Request an item for pick up: If you prefer books over computers you can request books on business, writing resumes, test preparation, and more from our library catalog.
- Need something more? Call and ask for help from one of the librarians at the reference desk.
* - This resource requires a Twinsburg Library Card to use.