TPL Foundation Information
The Twinsburg Public Library Foundation is a non-profit organization created to provide a link between donors of all types and the Twinsburg Public Library so that established goals of service and programming may be sustained for residents and businesses in the library's service area. The Foundation has the potential of serving as a mechanism for stabilizing library funding and promoting the value of the library within the community. This Foundation is classified as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All contributions made to the foundation are tax deductible.
The Twinsburg Public Library Foundation:
• Made a sizable donation to the library in 2010 as a celebration of the Library's 100th birthday in the gift of the Reading Garden and our electronic sign.
• Funded the Library’s “English for Young Learners” classes-providing a Kent State University instructor to teach the basics of reading and speaking English for children whose primary language is not English.
• Provides for continuing education for library staff, when traditional funding is not available.
• Encourages voluntary financial support for the Twinsburg Public Library in order to maintain the excellence of the materials and services of the Library.
• Contributed to Citizens Supporting Twinsburg Public Library .
Foundation Board of Directors
An eleven-member Board of Directors manages and governs the Twinsburg Public Library Foundation. The Library Director holds a non-voting position on the board. The Foundation works cooperatively with the Library Board of Trustees and the Friends of the Library in their efforts to support and maintain the excellence of library services to the community.
You're in Our Plans - You, Your Children and Grandchildren?
The Foundation serves as a catalyst, matching the special interest of potential donors with specific needs of the Library. Our mission is to provide resources for the Library to develop its collections and services that it would otherwise be unable to provide for the community.
Are We in Your Plans?
What legacy will you be leaving for future generations? You don't have to be a millionaire! We recommend that you consult a qualified advisor regarding the tax advantages to contributing to the Foundation.
Ways to Give
Cash Gifts and Year-End Giving
• Cash donations may be claimed as charitable deductions on income tax returns. Lifetime gifts may also serve to reduce the size of estates and allow money to be used immediately.
Other ways to make a contribution:
• Various annual fundraisers
• Matching Gifts - Ask if your place of business participates in the employee match program.
• Endowments - Individual or group endowments may be established for an appropriate purpose requested by the donor/s.
• Bequests - The Foundation may be named as a beneficiary in a will or trust. Bequests may take the form of cash, securities, real estate or other assets. These planned-giving gifts may reduce the size of the estate for tax purposes. Please secure professional advice prior to making any commitments to insure the best possible results.
• Insurance - The Foundation may be named a beneficiary or owner of life insurance policies as a current or deferred gift.
• Securities - Charitable gifts of stocks, bonds, shares in mutual funds and other investment securities may be made to the Foundation. An outright gift of securities may avoid capital gains tax liabilities and provide a charitable deduction for the present fair market value.
• Trusts - Charitable lead trusts or charitable remainder trusts may offer major tax benefits to donors.
Twinsburg Public Library Foundation
10050 Ravenna Rd
Twinsburg, OH 44087-1719
Contact: Laura Leonard, Library Director
330-425-4268, ext. 129